Author Topic: Reconstruction of bog girl  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Phidippides

• Emperor
  • Global Dominion
  • Caesar
Reconstruction of bog girl
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »
According to this article, the body was found in 2000 and thought to be that of a more modern murder victim.  Since then, they've dated her to 650 B.C., and they've reconstructed what she may have looked like.  Appears to me rather boyish to me.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/02/pictures/110202-ancient-bog-body-moora-girl-face-science-recreation/?now=2011-02-02-00:01
"Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses" ~Juvenal

Offline Vulture6

• Centurion
Re: Reconstruction of bog girl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
 Appears to me rather boyish to me.

It was a rough life...

Going back to another discussion here, the one about reading comments that people make on online articles -- I love the knucklehead who commented on this one stating that "she looks Jewish - is the computer biased" ???

Just have to shake my head....
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

-- Rudyard Kipling

Offline Phidippides

• Emperor
  • Global Dominion
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:49:38 PM »
I didn't see those comments at first, but I did get a kick out of this one:

"Looks like the actor Michael Cera"

That is true, very true.
"Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses" ~Juvenal

Offline scout1067

• Eastern Emperor
  • BA-Mlitary History,MA European History,BS IT
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
Bonehead comment from the story: "Aren't peatlands amazing! A body 2600 years old that people thought could have been someone who died just 40 years ago. It's a shame these delicate rare ecosystems are being destroyed all over the world."  Obviously someone who wants to live in a cave themselves because us modern folks are intent on destroying everything, never mind the fact that even if we went back to 19th Century agriculture and technology probably 1/3 to 1.2 of the Earth's population would die from starvation and wars for control of scant resources.

On antother note her is a link to the German lab that did the reconstruction and an interesting explanation of how they did it: Computer Aided Reconstruction of the Bog Body "Moora"
"History is what happened, not what we wanted to happen."-Me
Follow me on Twitter:    No really! Follow me! I have all kinds of neat stuff to say.